Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale 1923 C cab body

Yes, I keep wanting a 1923 C cab body like those fiberglass versions seen all over America. I keep wondering why no one has ever produced one or why no one has ever casted one! I want one badly, but I just do not have the time to devote to it, let alone ever finishing something! I am wondering if someone would want to master one and we can combine forces to get someone to cast it so that is can be available? I honestly think this would be a great item as it lends itself to all kinds of styles of builds and can use any style chassis set ups to get it rolling. I mean gasser, hot rod, traditional rod, show car, daily driver, big 4x4, just a body in a shop scene, a rust bucket, a barn find what have you. Anyone interested? Jody

Or this one:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/ehobbies-com_2108_84609963

I've got just the body to this. If anyone has spare parts I'd love to talk with you.....

Later-

Why not just use a reissued Outcast kit for most of the parts and scratchbuild the few details that are different?

I have an Outcast. For the life of me, I can't remember when or why I bought it. I think it's ugly. Let me know if you want it for parts.

Thats just the problem though, NONE of those are the 1923 fiberglass hot rod version! There is WORLD of difference between any of those and what I am talking about! Here are a few examples.Even a 25 would work for me if need be, but the 23's are more prominent. Jody

http://wildbillsrods.com/images/23%20C%20cab%20delivery.jpg

54a.jpg

1923-ford-c-cab-2.jpg

c_cab_rear_large.jpg

Stemens20C-Cab20Final20Assembly2001.jpg

C_Cab_large.jpg

About the only thing I really see off hand usable on these other kits is the front cowl, a pattern for the c cab opening and maybe a couple of misc parts. Of course, the cowl would be the hardest to try to ever create so having a kit piece is a good start. Jody

• 2 years later...

Hey Jody, do you or anyone still have the info on these cars. the 4 pic's in same post. I have one and have been searching for more information on them. for years i thought it was a 1929 milk wagon now it's looking like it's a 1923.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Hey Jody, do you or anyone still have the info on these cars. the 4 pic's in same post. I have one and have been searching for more information on them. for years i thought it was a 1929 milk wagon now it's looking like it's a 1923.

Thanks for any help

Mike

You have a PM.