Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clark gas station reference requested

Would anyone have any info on the small Clark gas station buildings? I have one near me that I've already measured and drawn in AutoCad. Problem is, the building is boarded up and I can't get inside. Any info on the interior or exterior, circa 1970s, would be greatly appreciated.

Would anyone have any info on the small Clark gas station buildings? I have one near me that I've already measured and drawn in AutoCad. Problem is, the building is boarded up and I can't get inside. Any info on the interior or exterior, circa 1970s, would be greatly appreciated.

Clark Oil was a Milwaukee institution service only!! Spent many Sundays there from 2:00 to 10:00pm every sunday..made 15.00 a shift!

the Milwaukee historical society has some refrences to Emory Clark and the company...let me do some digging...

I worked at the Clark station at Santa Monica and Hampton for Rollie Paquin and My Brother in law was the Clark Dealer on Port road in Mequon at Donges Bay rd

Glass, brick and white painted trim......

clark_logo_round_v3_150x137.jpgclark%2Boil%2B1961%2Bpleasantfamilyshopping.jpg

http://pleasantfamil...s-stations.html

img2.gif

Edited by Stasch

These were in Northern Illinois as well. There are still a few of the original buildings in the area, just don't aske me for exact locations as some of them have been remodeled and might not be a true replica.

Fond memories of my youth, picking up gas and Cokes at the Clark!

There's a Clark station not 1/4 mile from me. We've had Clark gas here in Detroit since the 70's, maybe earlier. But i DO remember when they built one on the corner of Outer Drive and Jefferson, in Ecorse in 69 or 70. That rascals still there too!:DB);)

Clark Oil was a Milwaukee institution service only!! Spent many Sundays there from 2:00 to 10:00pm every sunday..made 15.00 a shift!

the Milwaukee historical society has some refrences to Emory Clark and the company...let me do some digging...

I worked at the Clark station at Santa Monica and Hampton for Rollie Paquin and My Brother in law was the Clark Dealer on Port road in Mequon at Donges Bay rd

Small world. I used to fill up at the Clark station (still there, BTW) on Port Washington & Donges Bay weekly when I worked just down the road. :unsure:

There is a Clark staion just down the road from me, but it appears to be a converted or newer buidling, too. I may have to check out the station on Indiana Ave & 19th Street in Sheboygan, WI to see if that one it still there.

Guest Johnny

Used to one like that right across the street from where we now live! But they added on and made it a square cinder block building for more store space!

Used to be about 5 of the old design around the area up until the early 80's! Then they either closed them or added on. The last closed as a Clark about 8 or 9 years ago now!

Edited by Johnny