Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your US compact cars

Stuntman Mike

Its funny to see how you guys look at compact cars

Here in the netherlands we think the Smart car and the toyota aygo are compact cars

Thats cause for us these are compact cars. But like the Smart car and other thing you posted, they would be considered a subcompact.

Well, I am gonna have to redo this car as it's not aged well. Had to dig it up when I saw this thread.

1989 Chevy Beretta

89Beretta1.jpg

89Beretta2.jpg

It was built as a replica (not exact copy due to the rims available) of my car I drove in High School. Not bad. Has a li'l 2.8L V6 and Automatic Trans. Grill is that of a Corsica LTZ/Beretta Z/26. Color is GM Habana Blue.

Its funny to see how you guys look at compact cars

Here in the netherlands we think the Smart car and the toyota aygo are compact cars

Compact cars are just not that popular where I live. They dont offer the ride, comfort and space a full grown SUV or Pickup Truck can. Im not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but mostly High School kids drive compacts arround here until they can afford to get something else. I always thought it was odd that there are not many pickups in Europe. I noticed that they use a lot of van's for work vehicles instead. I would think that a pickup would be popular worldwide.

That little Pinto is cool Kevin! I have a '77 in the stash along with a few other compact kits and projects. This is my '77 Chevette project. It's a promo.

025-2.jpg

My dad had a real 77 Chevette. It was red outside and I think gray and black inside IIRC. I thought that thing was so cool when I was a kid.

Edited by Skydime

Here's some compacts I own but didn't build...

old403s-vi.jpg

1962 and 1963 Chevy IIs

IMG_2279-vi.jpg

MVC028S1-vi.jpg

1961 or 62 Buick wagon. I have both years somewhere!

old405s-vi.jpg

1962 Tempest

old307s-vi.jpg

A pair of 62 Ramblers. The white one is a kit, the other a promo

MVC026S1-vi.jpg

A long line of Falcons

MVC012S-vi.jpg

Comet 4 door sedan promo. (Ignore the Galaxie)

old420s-vi.jpg

Original 1971 Duster kit. I had one of these when I was a kid. In 1970 Dusters were selling so well that my uncle waited near 6 months for his.

DSC00024-vi.jpg

A 1961 Valiant. I have a photo of all the years of Valiants in one long line but Fotki is holding it hostage right now.

MVC009F-vi.jpg

a '62 Lancer