Model Cars Magazine Forum

You know we have a kit for the Chevrolet Cameo Pick Up, why not one of these ?

Since Liberty Classics already has it as a 1/25 diecast, maybe the plastic makers feel that market's been satisfied.

I've stopped saying never since I've been amazed at some of the kit releases and announcements of the past few years!

I think I remember that the Liberty Classics piece was too small.

I believe either Franklin or Danbury made a nice model of this truck. There was also a resin by SJS Resins many years ago!

I've stopped saying never since I've been amazed at some of the kit releases and announcements of the past few years!

I think I remember that the Liberty Classics piece was too small.

I believe either Franklin or Danbury made a nice model of this truck. There was also a resin by SJS Resins many years ago!

The Liberty Classics diecast is at least 1/28th scale, which was not uncommon for them at the time they introduced it. As for why no Sweptside model kits? Probably because, at least for much of the last 57 years, that was a forgotten, almost forgettable truck, I think. As for the future, who knows? (I sure don't).

Art

As for why no Sweptside model kits? Probably because, at least for much of the last 57 years, that was a forgotten, almost forgettable truck, I think. As for the future, who knows? (I sure don't).

Art

Well Art, that would be an advantage to basing it on a kit of the standard, stepside truck, might just have to tool up the 2dr wagon quarters for it if the more basic truck cabs used the same chrome trim. Basically like AMT did with their '55 Stepside/Cameo kits. Looks like the cab was the same, just different front sheetmetal for each model year.

It is pricy, but nice. Thankfully I picked mine up several years ago when it was about 1/2 the current price.

http://www.seltd.net/24100cp.html

Wow! That did go way up in price. It does come with a new etch set that includes scripts for the Dodge, Fargo and DeSoto export versions. I should've bought one back then! (SE LTD 1958 Dodge pickup mastered by Mike McCutcheon)

Edited by Tom Geiger

Along the same line is: Why don't we have anything else from the pre-war era besides Fords? Sure, there is the '39 Chevy, and the '41 Plymouth... and, some stuff like Cords and Duseys and Lincolns and Imperials. What about all the other manufacturers that were around back then?