Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford Pickup

Raul_Perez

Yeah, I know that this one probably belongs on the diorama thread, but the friend that I built it for would probably not find it if I posted it there.

At a recent model show I realized that all of my close friends had at least one of my backyard or roadside dioramas in their collection, except for Jerry Cardinal. For those of you that have seen Jerry's models, you know that just any old glue bomb from me wasn't going to make the grade. Jerry's been talking for months about wanting to get another 1:1 hotrod, probably a '40 Ford pickup. Well Jerry, I can't afford the 1:1 '40 pickup for you, so here's something in miniature for you to look at until you find the truck you want. <_<

It looks like this one needs a little bodywork before it's ready for the show circuit.

DSC04441-vi.jpg

What's an old truck without a junkyard door?

DSC04442-vi.jpg

And there's nothing better than an old blue shop rag for a gas cap...

DSC04445-vi.jpg

Nice upholstery, Jerry...under all that dirt and grime...

DSC04447-vi.jpg

Yes, the pliars are there on the dash to roll down the window and to open the door. Window and door handles for a '40 Ford must be getting hard to come by. What magazines did Jerry leave on the floor for us to read this time???

DSC04448-vi.jpg

Looks like this old rat was once the hottest thing in town with those three Strombergs!

DSC04439-vi.jpg

Well Jerry, I hope that you enjoy adding this one to your collection as much as I did building it for you.

Regards,

Edited by Raul_Perez

Thanks, Nick! It' suppose to look like a severly neglected old hotrod. That's why I went with the old Crager style wheels instead of some stock steelies.

The interior is actually pretty dirty, it just doesn't show well in the pics. Do I get credit for the "dirty" magazine on the floor? (The one under the Hop Up magazine). <_<

hey friend

that is really one nice , old '40, friend. you really have a talent for capturing that old, used look, friend. that, my friend, would look great on any shelf. nice work, friend.

ok, now that that is out of the way, when do i get mine. <_<<_<:P seriously though, nice work, mr. perez.

What a lovely gift. A real tour de force made for a friend whose models are always a tour de force.

Is the interior paneling a scratch build?

Thanks, Bernard!

The kit is actually done as a street rod with a louvered hood and tailgate, a "custom" interior and a hot rod engine. That's where the three Strombergs came from. There are no parts in the box to build a stock truck.

ee05_1.JPG

The door panel on the driver's side is the "custom" piece from the kit, except for the PE handles. For the passenger side, I removed the molded in upholstery to make it look like a stock panel.

Very nice Raul, cept if that was Jerry's truck the Playboy would have been spread wide open on the seat with the centerfold exposed... :blink:

:) only problem I see is the vise grips he's using as a window crank & door handle is "metric" :rolleyes:

all kidding aside another one of your classic dioramas

hope Jerry enjoys his as much as i enjoy the couple I have

good job :D:P:D

Very nice Raul, cept if that was Jerry's truck the Playboy would have been spread wide open on the seat with the centerfold exposed... :)

I had to keep it "G" rated. His granddaughters like looking at his models, so it had to be OK for them to look at, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys! :P

You of all people, Jonathan, should know that I "occasionally" slip a surprise in the mail to some of my modeling friends. ;) It seems to be a by-product of the fact that I'm just plain out of space in my garage and my modeling room. :P

So, check your mailbox, you never know what got sent to who, and I'm too old to remember! :lol:

Later,