Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '40 Ford Sedan Delivery

Great kit. But, it can not be built as a 100% correct '40 Ford sedan delivery. AMT based this kit on their '40 Ford coupe backin the day. So the rear fenders and taillights are not correct. In fact the body is not right because it was designed to work the coupe kit's chassis and rear fenders. Despite this I love the kit. Just finish the Stooge version within the last month. Built mine simular to the one on the box. Installed the Buick nailhead rather than flathead. Beyond that, I built it to as close to stock as I could. And despite not being right, I think it looks great.

Great kit. But, it can not be built as a 100% correct '40 Ford sedan delivery. AMT based this kit on their '40 Ford coupe backin the day. So the rear fenders and taillights are not correct. In fact the body is not right because it was designed to work the coupe kit's chassis and rear fenders. Despite this I love the kit. Just finish the Stooge version within the last month. Built mine simular to the one on the box. Installed the Buick nailhead rather than flathead. Beyond that, I built it to as close to stock as I could. And despite not being right, I think it looks great.

even the newest issue with the nostalgia box art is a nice kit.....great chrome, Keystones, all the Buick engine goodies, blue streaks, and a killer decal sheet. it probably isn't correct in some ways, but built nicely it still looks pretty neat....just my 2 cents....the Ace....:)

Is this the same animal as the others?

The front fender headlight openings are closed up on the fender-unit, as are the rear wheel openings. I think it only comes with the big chrome wheels too...at least mine did.

Pretty sure it has all of the old blown Buick nailhead in it still.

But it's derived from the same tooling as the others and parts will swap around among all the AMT '40s.

The front fender headlight openings are closed up on the fender-unit, as are the rear wheel openings. I think it only comes with the big chrome wheels too...at least mine did.

Pretty sure it has all of the old blown Buick nailhead in it still.

But it's derived from the same tooling as the others and parts will swap around among all the AMT '40s.

Ertl should be ashamed of themselves for conceiving of that version of the sedan delivery in the first place. And to call it a "Woodie"? Where is the wood? Plus the typical boring Ertl box art. I passed on that one as quick was I could at the time. And I'm still not regretting it.

Ertl should be ashamed of themselves for conceiving of that version of the sedan delivery in the first place. And to call it a "Woodie"? Where is the wood? Plus the typical boring Ertl box art. I passed on that one as quick was I could at the time. And I'm still not regretting it.

I tend to agree. I bought it primarily as kitbash fodder. The ribbed bumpers look great on a '36 Ford, and the headlight pods came in handy. The old-school oval-case blower and blower chain-drive cover are useful too. Got it really cheap, so what can I say?

I tend to agree. I bought it primarily as kitbash fodder. The ribbed bumpers look great on a '36 Ford, and the headlight pods came in handy. The old-school oval-case blower and blower chain-drive cover are useful too. Got it really cheap, so what can I say?

Not to mention you could take a scriber and cut circles over the original headlight areas to look like hidden lights (like a Cord), and scribe the wheel opening outlines into the rear fenders so it appears to have flush fender skirts. Might be easier to mold in quad headlights, too.

Edited by ChrisBcritter