Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Cobra

majel

This is my version of the AMT/ERTL 1/16th scale 427 Cobra.  I'm not a big fan of all of the chrome on Cobras so i went with a more race ready utilitarian look.  The car is painted with Testors One Coat lacquer and no clear coat.  Upgrades to the model include Pro Tech racing harness for drivers side, Pro Tech distributor and wiring, rod ends and throttle linkage and Top Studio A&N fittings.  Pro Tech braided lines are also used for the fuel lines and the throttle cable.  The instruments are decals covered with Model Master gloss clear acrylic and the bezels are chromed using a Molotow chrome pen. The doors use the latch from the kit with a straight pin head to keep the door closed.  Even with all the mistakes I made the model turned out ok and it was nice working on a larger scale for a change.

IMG_9053.JPG

IMG_9076.JPG

IMG_9075.JPG

IMG_9073.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9062.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9071.JPG

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9068.JPG

Luckily most of the mistakes are hidden, but there are issues with the paint on the doors being a shade off although everything was painted together.  One of the hood stripes tore which i had to cover with the  number gumball.  I wasn't going to use the gumballs, but they helped eliminate the door paint issue and cover the torn decal.  I probably should have decanted the paint and use my airbrush rather than spray directly from the can, but honestly I've never tried that!