Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell of Germany 68 Chevelle ??

13 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Does it have the correct 1968 stripes, the box shows 1969 stripes?

Yes it does, although they've also included the incorrect bonnet stripes, the box art is totally incorrect.

IMG_20190506_120519_hdr_kindlephoto-2972218.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

Would anybody mind telling me what the difference between the '68 and '69 stripes is and where the boxart is wrong? I can't seem to find any difference... :unsure:

The Revell Germany box art has 1970 -72 style SS stripes, while the Revell USA shows the correct 1968 stripes on the box art.

1968 SS stripes

Image result for 1968 chevelle ss 396

1969 SS stripes

Image result for 1969 chevelle ss 396

1970 -72 SS stripes

Image result for 1970 chevelle ss ls6

I see, thanks... So the complaint is about the wide stripes not being the '68 (SS) stock stripes. However, there are lots of '68 Chevelles to be found with those stripes, so in a way they are "custom stripes", right? 

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

I see, thanks... So the complaint is about the wide stripes not being the '68 (SS) stock stripes. However, there are lots of '68 Chevelles to be found with those stripes, so in a way they are "custom stripes", right? 

Not a complaint as the correct stripes are included on the decal sheet. Yes, they would be custom stripes for that year.

Thanks guys. 

Looks like a cool kit to have for the stash. I already have two of the recent US release. 

I ordered one at $36 shipped, from the UK. That’s less, or about the same, that I spent on the other version, if I remember correctly.

53 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

Thanks guys. 

Looks like a cool kit to have for the stash. I already have two of the recent US release. 

I ordered one at $36 shipped, from the UK. That’s less, or about the same, that I spent on the other version, if I remember correctly.

You know you can get these at most HL and use the 40 % coupon. With sales tax undercoat and mirror glaze you're under $20.  

On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, JohnU said:

Other than the box art, there really isn’t any difference between the European and US version right?

Oops! Should have read the first answer to this post!?

Edited by JohnU