Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 63 Chevy II Station Wagon Pro Street

Zippi

I picked up this kit at Wally World last week so I thought is would make a good candidate for a Pro Street.  I'm using the chassis from the AMT 66 Nova Pro Street kit which took very little mods to slide it under the wagon.  Just a quick sanding of the rear tubs with the dremel and it fit pretty good.  I have a couple engines if I decide to not go curbside.  This is still early on so I'm still in the thinking stage. 

20220329_090638.jpg

20220329_085521.jpg

20220329_085454.jpg

20220329_085915.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, espo said:

Great looking chassis setup. Did you have to do anything with the wheel base ? 

The wheel base looks pretty good.  I'll now more once I get the front suspension set up but it looks spot on.

Bitchin’! Somebody needed to do it. It’s awesome that it’s that simple to fit the ‘66 chassis in there.

Be aware, the way AMT (inaccurately) did the firewall makes it difficult to fit a V8 in there. If possible it would be neat to use all of the “aluminum” engine bay panels from the ‘66, too. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Bitchin’! Somebody needed to do it. It’s awesome that it’s that simple to fit the ‘66 chassis in there.

Be aware, the way AMT (inaccurately) did the firewall makes it difficult to fit a V8 in there. If possible it would be neat to use all of the “aluminum” engine bay panels from the ‘66, too. 

Thanks Dennis.  I'm still looking at installing an engine.  I'd have to get a BIG shoe horn to get it in there ☺

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Terrific start my Friend.   It's great when mods pretty much fall into place...never my luck🙄

Thanks Buddy.  I'll see if I can get this build to the finish line ☺

1 minute ago, mustang1989 said:

Great start on this Bob!!

I've got 3 of those 66 Nova Pro Street kits and they work GREAT under just about any car for pro street conversions. One day....I hope to actually build one of those Pro Street Nova kits instead of constantly parting them out.😉

Thanks.  Haha...I know what you mean Joe.

16 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Looks really good already, great start!

Thanks Dennis.  This will be a slow build as Spring is coming in fast and a lot to do outside.

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Bob, I believe you’re going too get an engine in there your a really good builder!

Thanks Carl.  I'm still looking for a big enough shoehorn to get an engine in the business end.

7 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Great start!👍

Thanks Greg.  

On 3/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, Zippi said:

I picked up this kit at Wally World last week so I thought is would make a good candidate for a Pro Street.  I'm using the chassis from the AMT 66 Nova Pro Street kit which took very little mods to slide it under the wagon.  Just a quick sanding of the rear tubs with the dremel and it fit pretty good.  I have a couple engines if I decide to not go curbside.  This is still early on so I'm still in the thinking stage. 

20220329_090638.jpg

20220329_085521.jpg

20220329_085454.jpg

20220329_085915.jpg

I was at Wally World in the big city today and noticed they had a small display of kits. I picked up the AMT GMC Jimmy. They had a few others I would like to have, but the SS check was getting thin. Our local Walmart is a small one and I've never seen kits in it. 

1 hour ago, bluestringer said:

I was at Wally World in the big city today and noticed they had a small display of kits. I picked up the AMT GMC Jimmy. They had a few others I would like to have, but the SS check was getting thin. Our local Walmart is a small one and I've never seen kits in it. 

Well, at least you got the GMC Jimmy.  Nice score.