Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC ‘69 Camaro

unclescott58

These kind of kits are very much worth building, if only for lessons learned. Great to practice new techniques on, or try out a color to see how it looks on a completed build. Also a perfect basis for an all-out custom. That being said, this build looks very nice, and on the shelf is going to make a nice display. Love the red, and the SS hood! I picked up a couple of these kits when Ollie's had them, just for extra bits and pieces.

22 hours ago, espo said:

Looks great, I like that you have two hoods for display. 

Thank you. I like that the MPC gave you the choice of the regular standard SS hood, or the optional cowl induction hood. I personally like the the standard hood with its fake velocity stacks better than the smoother, cleaner cowl induction hood. Only the MPC gives you option of building you model with the standard hood. And the standard exhaust system, for that matter. The Revell kit requires you to build their car with the optional cowl induction hood and chambered exhaust system. That said, the Revell kit really is superior kit compared to the MPC kit.

20 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Turned out nice, the first rule in modelling is ; have fun, accuracy and realism are optional. Sometimes building an old kit you built when you were young brings back a lot of good memories. Nicely done and painted. 

Thank you. And your right. One should have fun building models. Which I did with this kit. 

16 hours ago, bisc63 said:

These kind of kits are very much worth building, if only for lessons learned. Great to practice new techniques on, or try out a color to see how it looks on a completed build. Also a perfect basis for an all-out custom. That being said, this build looks very nice, and on the shelf is going to make a nice display. Love the red, and the SS hood! I picked up a couple of these kits when Ollie's had them, just for extra bits and pieces.

I agree with everything you said, but one thing. My Camaro model is painted with Tamiya TS-31 “Bright Orange”. Not Red. Not a big deal. Looking at the photos, maybe it with the lighting that under which the photos were taken, to make you think it was painted red? 

12 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Looking at the photos, maybe it with the lighting that under which the photos were taken, to make you think it was painted red? 

Could be lighting, could be differences in monitors and their color calibrations, or a combination of both. Ain't technology grand?! You'll notice quite a few posts on here where the poster will remark something along the lines of, "... not sure about my pictures, it looks more (or less) -insert color here- in person."Or brighter. Or darker, etc... Anyway, it sure wasn't meant to offend; on my computer, it's a beautiful bright red!

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

Could be lighting, could be differences in monitors and their color calibrations, or a combination of both. Ain't technology grand?! You'll notice quite a few posts on here where the poster will remark something along the lines of, "... not sure about my pictures, it looks more (or less) -insert color here- in person."Or brighter. Or darker, etc... Anyway, it sure wasn't meant to offend; on my computer, it's a beautiful bright red!

As long as its “beautiful”. 😄