Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '36 Ford coupe

2002p51

This is one of those models that got started two or three years ago and then, for whatever reason, got put away and not finished. Until now that is.

When I reopened the box I realized that it only needed to have the interior painted and it would be done.

3601-vi.jpg

3602-vi.jpg

3603-vi.jpg

Basically this is a simple, straight out of the box deal. Colors are Testors Model Master Guards Red and Ivory.

Guest Gramps-xrds

That looks like the Dick Tracy version of the 36. When they made the molds, it looks like they some how chopped the top on them. Made a good lookin model though. Yours turned out lookin good. I like the wide 5s on them.

That looks sweet. How did you blend in the top? How about some engine and chassis pics?

Fitting the top took a little work, those things fit lousy! But you just gotta fuss with it and fuss with it until you get it close. Close is the best it's gonna get.

There's nothing worth looking at as far as the chassis. Just straight out of the box, painted flat black. I rarely spend any time on the bottom of a model any more. They never get turned over, nothing is ever seen, so why bother.

I also have to plead lazy on the engine. It's straight out of the kit except for the carbs which came from my parts box. I was going to add plug wires and stuff, honest, I really was, but just got lazy and threw it together.

3604-vi.jpg