Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Chevy 5 window coupe

Irvin Arter Jr.

37Chevy24-vi.jpg

37Chevy25-vi.jpg

I finished up my 37 Chevy tonight. I was pretty happy with it until I was shooting the photos and I dropped the car on the floor! Took a chunk out of the drip rail and top on the drivers’ side. Stuff happens, it’s good I did not clear coat it……….OK here is what we have.

Ed Fluck Jr’s “Drag City Casting†chopped top body with hood. I shaved the door handles and the gas cap off. Added spotlights from the parts box. I pinned the headlights and spots with brass pins. I also used the custom grill and headlights in the 37 Chevy kit. I drilled out rear taillight and found some pointy taillights from the parts box. I used from the AMT parts pack Grill teeth and modified them for 4 small bumpers front and back. And added front exhaust dumps modifying the side pipes from the AMT 62 Pontiac kit. Rounding out the back is 2 exhaust tips made from aluminum and a “MAMA†license plate. Paint is airbrushed HOK white base with Pagan Gold, no clear just flat. I used 53 Corvette hubcaps and a set of good old AMT Firestone’s and airbrushed whitewalls. This is a curbside so I cut the ###### out of the front tires and cut the front frame off back to the running boards to get it low enough for me. I hope it kills you to know that. I get a lot of pleasure knowing it bothers people!

37Chevy15-vi.jpg

37Chevy16-vi.jpg

37Chevy19-vi.jpg

Interior is painted pearl white using the custom dash and gauges from the kit. I added a polished aluminum steering column with a 57 Corvette steering wheel from the parts pin with a photo etch center. I bent a pin shifter with big white ball. I found an original set of AMT 53 Studebaker custom front seats. That’s it.

37Chevy20-vi.jpg

37Chevy21-vi.jpg

If you want to see this car it will be at Ed’s resin table at NNL East. Stop by and pick up a 37 Chevy body before they are all gone!

37Chevy31-vi.jpg

enjoy!

more shots at the link

http://public.fotki.com/IrvinArterJr/irvins_model_cars-1/chevrolet_models/37-chevy/