Model Cars Magazine Forum

im gonna build a replica of the GTX from the movie Tommy Boy. does anybody have refrences of this car or other drop top 67 gtxs? ive already got a set of cragar ss type rims for it. im gettin the model from rollinoldskool in trade for a 70 monte. im had him chop the roof off since he has the tools to do it lol

There is not much on the Internet other than the poster. IMDB dosn't even have a photogallery for the movie.

This is all I could find.

Blow up of the car from the movie poster:

themoviecar-vi.jpg

and the movie poster:

tommy_boy_xlg-vi.jpg

The model was build by Jason Stachura and published on the "Finishing Touch" page of the old SAE March 2001.

model-vi.jpg

This was pulled from a movie review page.... note the hole in the windshield and hood hinge details.... front seat replaced with a lawn chair.

tommyBoy-vi.gif

Good luck!

:)

i never noticed the lawn chair. i think that might have been a photoshop cuz i just watched the movie and it had the seats throughout. i noticed that after the hood came off and it showed the oil can, there was no windshield wiper motor and the hood hinge springes were all stretched out, then further in the movie there was a wiper motor and the hood hinges were up and the springs were perfect lol. also at the begining it had chrome wiper blades and after tommy bent the door back it had black wiper blades lol