Model Cars Magazine Forum

lowriderphil's build topic

lowriderphil

Can you help me out here? You keep mentioning rubbing out the paint and several coats of wax. How and what do you use to rub out the paint? What kind of wax? Do you put on several coats of clear before rubbing out? I've never done the rubbing out to my paint but do use Model Car Wax.

Can you help me out here? You keep mentioning rubbing out the paint and several coats of wax. How and what do you use to rub out the paint? What kind of wax? Do you put on several coats of clear before rubbing out? I've never done the rubbing out to my paint but do use Model Car Wax.

to start out, all of my painting is done with duplicolor or plastikote automotive paint from the rattle can. once I paint and clear the car I wetsand the clear with 1000-2000 grit sandpaper to remove the orange peal. When you do this the finish will become dull resulting in the need for polishing. I start out with this

meguiars_cleaner_wax.jpg

then from there I progress to this

MegsDC3.jpg

and finish with this to remove any light marks left behind

G17616_SwirlX.jpg

thats all I did to achieve this shine. I'm still learning myself but I like it alot better than when I was younger and would just spray the color and leave it at that.

006.jpg

phil