Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Gasser

bluestringer

I'm finishing up this one right now James. It's actually finished except I had to repaint the flipper.  Pretty easy build. Made mine as more of a streetable gasser, wide rear wheels and treaded tires. I also cut off the grill from the "hood" trim.  If you  haven't, test fit the tilt hood to the body, not a great fit there. Good luck.

3 hours ago, bluestringer said:

I think this Createx Pearl Green will look good on the 57. Comments.

_IGP0161.jpg

Oh, so you use Createx also!!??  Love the Pearls. Mine is done with them....actually 3 different colors.  If you airbrush primers, I recommend the Createx Autoborne Sealer. 

I like the enlarged rear wheel openings. Way back when many who were running a '57 Chevy would have only the grill cross bar with the turn signals still working. That color of green should work well and even open up to so many names having to do with green. A Gasser has to have a name. 

49 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Oh, so you use Createx also!!??  Love the Pearls. Mine is done with them....actually 3 different colors.  If you airbrush primers, I recommend the Createx Autoborne Sealer. 

This will be my first time using it. I have 2 or 3 bottles of it, but never tried it. I did the test spoon with it and liked the way it sprayed. 

40 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the enlarged rear wheel openings. Way back when many who were running a '57 Chevy would have only the grill cross bar with the turn signals still working. That color of green should work well and even open up to so many names having to do with green. A Gasser has to have a name. 

Yea, I don't like the decals that came with the kit. I will probably look for something else. 

Is there anyway to reinforce the axel with maybe something like the old metal axels from the early AMT kits ? Another thought would be to create a new axle from metal tubing and insert the spindle ends into the tubing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluestringer said:

This will be my first time using it. I have 2 or 3 bottles of it, but never tried it. I did the test spoon with it and liked the way it sprayed. 

If I may suggest, if you will use the Createx, get the Createx 4011 Reducer and 4030 Balancing Clear to add to the the mix.  The 4030 gives the Pearl a low sheen, helps it flow and prevent tip dry.  Both available at HL.

14 hours ago, Zippi said:

That engine is looking pretty peppy James.

Thanks Bob.

4 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Coming along nicely!  I and also working on this kit and plan a WIP as well.  I look forward to your progress.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing your WIP. 

4 hours ago, David G. said:

I'm sorry to learn of your heath issues, I hope things are better for you now.

Excellent color choice and the engine looks great so far.

David G.

Thank you. All is good. It's an on going health issue I've had for years, had a lot of appointments this week. 

28 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Coming along nicely Buddy, One day I might get mine posted on here but I keep having an issue matching the color on the flip hood with the body. I had to repaint it and now I can't get the color to match.🙄

The only way I have found to get a match is to tape the front to the rear and paint as one..