Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rebuilt "Son of Ford"

ozmodeler

I originally built this model in my early teens, about 1972. Recently I dug it out and decided to rebuild it as it would have been out of the box. Amazingly I found some of the missing parts in my parts stash,

i.e. roll bar, moon tank and a new windscreen frame to replace the original which had faded chrome.The headlight bar and lights are from the recent Revell '32 coupe as the original was gone. Far from being a glue bomb it came apart easily as my dad taught me to apply the glue sparingly with a toothpick, no need to paint strip the body as it was moulded in dark orange so that's how I left it back then. With a good detail sanding and a coat of Tamiya orange and paint and detail that Pontiac engine and 60's interior I think it looks how I imagined it would have when I first built it if only I had the skills back then. I'm still looking for the original square taillights but otherwise I'm calling it done. I hope you all enjoy the trip back to the 70's. P.S. IMHO this is still one of the most accurate 1/24-1/25 scale deuce roaster bodies.

Monogram_1932 Ford roadster son of ford.jpg

son of Ford01.jpg

son of Ford02.jpg

son of Ford04.jpg

son of Ford06.jpg

son of Ford08.jpg

• Like 2

Love this series of kits. I've built 2 Little Deuces so far. I have a couple of these SoF's broken down to build one good one, hopefully this year (the year of the Deuce!)

It's cool to see this in an alternative color. Everyone does orange, which is cool. it's just neat to see a different take.

Way cool.  I had forgotten all about this kit. I butchered one of these back in the early 70s myself.   But like the rest of my models from back then it got blown apart with fireworks.  Maybe they still have the tooling for this and we could be fortunate enough to have another go at it.

14 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Love this series of kits. I've built 2 Little Deuces so far. I have a couple of these SoF's broken down to build one good one, hopefully this year (the year of the Deuce!)

It's cool to see this in an alternative color. Everyone does orange, which is cool. it's just neat to see a different take.

Thanks Craig, It was actually your "black tuxedo" little deuce that gave me the idea to rebuild the S of Ford. Perhaps Atlantis now have the molds, a re-release of the original "little deuce" would be great.

15 hours ago, Bainford said:

Man, that roll bar looks like a concussion waiting to happen. Nice looking Deuce, and great save of your old build.

It's funny you mention that Trevor, when you look at the box art it looks like the concussion bar is supporting the drivers head as the slicks bite !

3 hours ago, ozmodeler said:

Thanks Craig, It was actually your "black tuxedo" little deuce that gave me the idea to rebuild the S of Ford. Perhaps Atlantis now have the molds, a re-release of the original "little deuce" would be great.

Glad to have been your inspiration.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 32 Roadster tooling ended up in China since it was reissued within the last 10 years. if that's the case it's not something Atlantis would have. ☹️ But it's fun to daydream