Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thunderbirds TV show

cobraman

The Gerry Anderson "Supermarionation" shows were amazing examples of ingenuity and model-making. I recently caught a documentary about Anderson's studio on Amazon ("Filmed in Supermarionation") that provided some great insights into the process and history of his shows. 

1 hour ago, jaymcminn said:

The Gerry Anderson "Supermarionation" shows were amazing examples of ingenuity and model-making. I recently caught a documentary about Anderson's studio on Amazon ("Filmed in Supermarionation") that provided some great insights into the process and history of his shows. 

I just never got into them as a kid--the puppets creeped me out for some reason. However, I absolutely LOVED Team America World Police, and it's very high on my "Top Ten Funniest Movies of All Time" list. 

• Like 1

The Gerry Anderson series all use models and toys of various scales.  Matchbox toys are used in wide shots, often in airport scenes, while larger models are employed in action shots.  Fans love to spot familiar toys and models used in each shot.  Some like to make replicas.

Conversely, there were numerous plastic kits made of the various vehicles from the shows.

City of Fire 27.JPG

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...