Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 dodge charger rt

michelle

Burly looking machine Michelle and very nice touch in the video with Scarborough Fair.  A lot of folks (myself included) would have picked a heavier song like some Deep Purple or Hendrix but not many would have chosen a slow and haunting tune.  It fits your sinister looking Charger!- Mark

34 minutes ago, ybsluos said:

Burly looking machine Michelle and very nice touch in the video with Scarborough Fair.  A lot of folks (myself included) would have picked a heavier song like some Deep Purple or Hendrix but not many would have chosen a slow and haunting tune.  It fits your sinister looking Charger!- Mark

thank you 

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Good looking build. There's still some love for the old MPC!

Thank you sadly only the front and back chrome is all that is vintage when I bought this it was already a built up this is the second time I redid it but I was told it was a original 68 I paid a lot for it only to find out when I popped it apart that the body was a modern 69 reissue from 2009 going by the copywrite info on the roof and the person had cut out the original tail light panel and replaced with one from a revell 68 and the taillights turned out to be glass beads it was not the only one I was scammed out of a lot of money on from the same seller at a flea market 

7 hours ago, michelle said:

Thank you sadly only the front and back chrome is all that is vintage when I bought this it was already a built up this is the second time I redid it but I was told it was a original 68 I paid a lot for it only to find out when I popped it apart that the body was a modern 69 reissue from 2009 going by the copywrite info on the roof and the person had cut out the original tail light panel and replaced with one from a revell 68 and the taillights turned out to be glass beads it was not the only one I was scammed out of a lot of money on from the same seller at a flea market 

ahh, gutted. Some shady sellers out there! A quick way to tell an original MPC Charger is looking at the door scallops and windshield cowl vent. On the re-issue, the cowl vent is smaller and the door scallops lost their decorative raised ridges.

8 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

ahh, gutted. Some shady sellers out there! A quick way to tell an original MPC Charger is looking at the door scallops and windshield cowl vent. On the re-issue, the cowl vent is smaller and the door scallops lost their decorative raised ridges.

Modern ones from round 2 also have copywrite info on the interior side of the roof 

when I initially bought it the person had something with a adhesive backing covering the inside roof plus back when I bought it I was new to car models did not really know anything about the history or that the older toolings had more detail then later ones and the fact that mpc and amt would retool their models to reflect the current model year I lost 50 dollars on what was supposed to be a vintage 68 charger built up 

• Like 1