Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XJ13, K&R replicas, 1/24 (2011)

After a discussion with @aurfalien, it occurred to me that any pictures I'd taken of this beastie back in 2011 were long lost on an ancient photo host, and predated a decent camera setup anyway. Since it's one of the rarer kits I've built and a less well-known car, while I had the camera out photographing other things I thought I'd do a re-shoot of it...

xj13-higher-front-left-24mm.jpg

xj13-left-profile-dark.jpg

xj13-low-right-rear.jpg

xj13-rear.jpg

xj13-high-rear-left-2.jpg

xj13-high-rear-right-2.jpg

xj13-higher-right-front.jpg

xj13-rlow-rear-left.jpg

xj13-low-front-left-17mm.jpg

best,

M.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Very nice Matt. Does K&R provide a complete chassis or is it more of a curb style model?

More curbside style, @Pierre Rivard. What you see in the pictures is pretty much what you get. There's a bit of a representation of lower suspension arms, but there's nothing in the body except the cockpit, and the engine is just the top section and some ancillaries. Nothing opens, and there are no chassis subframes, radiator or pipe-work. Don't go into it thinking it'll be like the Revell XKSS, for example, or Profil 24 D-Type...

On the other hand, it is a striking looking car, and as-parked, looks very like the pictures I have of the real thing!

best,

M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, absmiami said:

Have you built the profil jag type D ?? …

No.... hung my nose over it a few times and nearly gave way, but the cheapskate Yorkshire modeller in me says "That's what you already have an unbuilt Revell XKSS and both the Lindberg and Merit D-types for...."

best,

M.

1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

One for @Ace-Garageguy listen to it go towards the end of this walkaround...

Thank you, sir. Sometimes I almost forget why I love machines so much. But to see and hear this glorious beast doing what it was intended to do, especially after having been almost destroyed and then lovingly rebuilt, brings it all back.  

image.png.8952f833f1f19665472f0a93f47ed481.png

image.png.a278599ac42fc222814336f8ae40c7af.png   image.png.43c5adc12425278c8538cf3c13e4f793.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Nice model, Matt. I didn't know these existed.

I have seen this car in person on three separate occasions and each time I was stunned by it's wicked lines. It's one of those cars that makes you just yearn to jump in, fire it up, and have a go to see if it feels as good as it looks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...