Model Cars Magazine Forum

NuNu BMW M6 GT3 "Jägermeister"

Background:

Not a kit I'd considered before I saw it for sale secondhand, slightly started and cheap(ish) at Scale Model World Telford last November. It sat in the stash for a while before I saw a picture of a much older BMW in a similar orange/green Jägermeister livery online, so I decided to update that with metallic paint and a modern car. The in-box decals were not interesting to me, hence a custom livery.

Pros:

Very cleanly moulded - no flash, no seam lines. Very very nice transparent parts. Quite a lot of detail. Tyres are a good realistic rubber and have no seam lines to remove - perfect. Seat fits securely, rollcage is easily assembled. Great look and proportions. From the decals I did use, they were all high quality. Most of it fits together very well.

Cons:

Giant ejector pin chunks on the chassis and interior tub underside - thick cylinders of plastic about 4mm long and 4mm in diameter that have to be snipped off or sawed off. Front windscreen area needs work to make sure the wipers don't foul the bonnet. A few other parts do foul each other or misalign, in particular the rear air scoops on the interior don't align with the holes on the body. Nothing that can't be dealt with but annoying nonetheless. The body is a pain to get onto the chassis. Althouh in it's favour, once it's there, it's very secure. Wheels can sometimes fall off - either the pins are not long enough or the poly bushes are not tight enough. Not sure which. Headlight and rear light buckets have rather a vague fit. Some incorrect and/or missing painting instructions for parts of the interior.

Verdict:

I guess this is an earlier kit for NuNu than the Audi A4 I built, and it shows in places. However the pros are all very strong and although the list of cons looks longer, they're all niggles that can be worked around with a bit of experience. On the whole, a very very nice kit.

Build notes:

Built over the course of 3 weeks in May/June 2024. Painted with Tamiya Candy Lime Green and Tamiya Metallic Orange. Clearcoated with Mr.Hobby Gloss, but since this is a race car, not polished. Custom Jägermeister livery uses decals from modelworks. I used this kit's Photo Etch pack as it came with the secondhand bundle. PE sets vary in usefulness in my experience, for this one I'd say "well worth it". Green seatbelts are from cardboard, and a few other details are added to the interior.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...