Model Cars Magazine Forum

What’s your favorite glue or adhesive?

4 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Never seen that black Model Master container liquid cement over here in the UK.

I guess that Revell Contacta Cement being one of the many adhesives that I use must be very similar as the application of it is also through a small bore metal tube.

Wonder if it is the same stuff but with different labels?

I would speculate that it is a very good possibility.  Model companies seem to do their share of using each other's products.  Also keep in mind that mine is around 30 years old, while Ron's bottle shows copyright 2018 (is 6 years or less).  I believe Ron's has a plastic tube applicator.

I recently used up my last bottle of my Tenax 7R and Ambroid ProWeld. Sad days! Tamiya Extra Thin and Extra Thin QuickSet are on the bench as the main adhesives now.

Of course, there are a few bottles of good old Testors liquid cement (clear bottle, purple label) and some mini tubes of superglue around as well.

glue.png.ff43493dfff6aad5225e8db4b63db80d.png

Posted (edited)

Tenax-7R and Ambroid Pro Weld are basically Methylene Chloride.  You can get a quart size container of it on Amazon for less than cost of few tiny bottles of those no-longer available cements.

I you still want small bottles, try Tack-it II plastic welder from https://www.jmhobbysupply.com/   It is also  Methylene Chloride and comes in the same bottle that Tenax-7R did. My local  hobby shop carries it in those 1oz. bottles for $5.99.

Edited by peteski
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 7:32 AM, peteski said:

I would speculate that it is a very good possibility.  Model companies seem to do their share of using each other's products.  Also keep in mind that mine is around 30 years old, while Ron's bottle shows copyright 2018 (is 6 years or less).  I believe Ron's has a plastic tube applicator.

Just for Peter.  It has the hypo type applicator.

IMG_2188.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

for general plastic glue I use MEK, bought a couple huge containers of it that will probably last the rest of my life. haven’t looked back since. 

and of course your typical super glues and super glue debonder .