Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Mustang Super CJ

DL1099

Did this a few years ago when just getting back into modeling.  .Airbrushed Testers orange but I have forgot what the interior paint was.. Added the door glass and used auto window tint to rear and window glass. Added an antenna. Didn't dress up the engine a tall.. Thanks for looking.

mustang cj.JPG

20230218_121213.jpg

20230218_121247.jpg

20230218_121356.jpg

20230218_121441.jpg

20230218_121606.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice.  Just add a GT gas cap, GT wheels center caps and a lower body stripe and you have a GT sportsroof.  Naturally Ford did not sell many GT models that year with the new Mach1 selling briskly and the Shelbys being another alternative.

Thank you all for the nice comments and yes Stu111 the antenna is scratch built. I use .010 guitar wire and a dispenser needle, I don't know the exact size at this moment sorry.

I'm totally digging everything about this build! And who would have thought partially raised side glass would add such realism? I'm going to have to borrow that idea in the future :) 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 12:40 PM, DL1099 said:

Thank you all for the nice comments and yes Stu111 the antenna is scratch built. I use .010 guitar wire and a dispenser needle, I don't know the exact size at this moment sorry.

Thanks for sharing this, I just thought it was a nice little bit of attention to detail that enhanced an already great build.

Cheers, Stu.