Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Gal 500

This kit was the AMT 1964 Galaxie 500XL kit, though I had chose to downgrade it to a regular 500, for the sake of gifting it away. I had built it as a Christmas present for my Great Uncle, (currently owns a 1965 Ford Thunderbird Landau he's restored had for 30+ years) who had two of these cars back in the day, though his green one was was more memorable as he had fitted it with exhaust that came out behind the front wheels. At night, flames would come out those things! For a more authentic build, we actually went to find a real Ford paint colour, and so that is Amazon green, or something like that; anyway, it was close enough to what it resembled in the only colour photo of the real car (bottom photo). As I don't have the kit anymore, these photos were taken on date of completion, December 2nd, 2022.

Show Gal 500.jpeg

model cars.jpeg

Gren.jpeg

model karz.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nice Galaxie there Nathan, I'm currently building this kit and must say, it's not a very good one. I like that you converted yours to the regular 500, well done. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

20240630_230411.thumb.jpg.d8a46f9428816fee160ceb3e3a93e237.jpg

Edited by XYHARRY
Spell check
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XYHARRY said:

Nice Galaxie there Nathan, I'm currently building this kit and must say, it's not a very good one. I like that you converted yours to the regular 500, well done. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

20240630_230411.thumb.jpg.d8a46f9428816fee160ceb3e3a93e237.jpg

I have to agree, I was sort of put off by the fact there was no engine under the hood, but I did add little pipes that come out behind the front wheels (not very visible in these photos). Your's looks really neat; can't wait to see the finished product, I'll have to look out for it on the forum soon!

• Like 1