Model Cars Magazine Forum

Low-tech way to augment another hobby?

A friend of mine enjoys writing parody songs*, but has mentioned that for them to get the best reaction the listener has to be fairly familiar with the original song, which makes sense.
I’m a fairly low-tech guy, but I wondered if there was some kind of software (AI?) that could create a parody adding his lyrics to music and vocals that sounded close to the original performer’s.  Links etc would be appreciated.

*Most are very political and are just something he does to amuse the rest of us, so you won’t see them published anywhere. 

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

suno.com

Make songs for free!

And it can get very amusing.

Enter your criteria, and the genre you want, and it will spit out a song.

Such as this one I just made.

https://suno.com/song/60e5743b-1082-46a1-84cc-6bcff610356a

Yes, Model Prison is the song of the summer.

Dude...massive respect:  Love the band name, lyrics we can all relate to, and the fact that we're talking about metal and models without having to deal with metal models (not a fan).  

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

Parody songs can be a fun way to entertain yourself. I wrote a Battletech parody of Hallelujah a few years ago, I keep meaning to find someone to sing it because it won't be me.

This is the hurdle I'd like to help him get over.  If you saw the name of an original song and singer (say, Blondie, Heart of Glass) you could probably make parody lyrics work with the music mentally, but think of the impact you could have if you were to have the parody lyrics sung in a "voice" that approximated hers.  

1 minute ago, Monty said:

This is the hurdle I'd like to help him get over.  If you saw the name of an original song and singer (say, Blondie, Heart of Glass) you could probably make parody lyrics work with the music mentally, but think of the impact you could have if you were to have the parody lyrics sung in a "voice" that approximated hers.  

The channel There I Ruined It does parodies where he will have one artist sing another's song or made up lyrics but I don't know what software he uses.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I've written quite a few song parodies for my car club over the years as part of the entertainment at our annual meet awards show. I was heavily influenced by Allan Sherman and the gang of idiots at MAD Magazine. This was my first effort, for a '70s disco-themed event, sung to the tune of "Disco Inferno":

Out for a drive
My new Pinto '75
Plaid seats, vinyl roof y'all
And a Sports Accent Group!
I shifted to Park
It jumped into Reverse
Backed into a dump truck
Think I'm gonna need a hearse

I heard somebody say burn, baby burn
Pinto Inferno!
Burn, baby burn
Burn that mother down
Burn, baby burn
Pinto Inferno!
Burn, baby burn
Burn that mother down

This contraption
Blew up like a chain reaction
Now I got the blues
Wish I had asbestos shoes
My 8-track's melting
My tires turned to dust
Shoulda bought a Vega
That's a car you can trust

(Refrain)

Call Ralph Nader!
This car's an incinerator
I must've been a nut
To buy a car that self-destructs
I towed it home
My cruisin' days are through
Stuck it in the backyard
Now I use it for a barbecue

(Refrain, then)

Burn, baby burn
Pinto Inferno!
Burn, baby burn
It's a lotta fun
Burn, baby burn
Pinto Inferno!
Burn, baby burn
Cooks your burgers well done!

Got several more of 'em, like "Hybrid" (Cher's "Halfbreed"), "Can't Stand Bandstand" ("Bandstand Boogie"), and the Tom Jones Pontiac Trilogy "What's New, Pontiac?"/"She's a Grand Prix"/"Fiero"... tango_face_grin.png.8d9e44239ebb40c6c927dac51421983c.png