Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reid Whisnant's Pro Stock Duster

Well, Reid's car is done ,,or my version of it ,,sort of a tribute ,, if I could have found a 72 body or a 72 tail light panel that would have been nice! Lessons learned on Herb's car helped here with using the Nova Pro Street chassis . Probably start gathering stuff now to do Ronald Lyles 'cuda ,,in the mean time I got a Moebius 65 Ford service truck next up with some Detroit Diesel Allison decals I made for it.

whisnant29.jpg

whisnant30.jpg

whisnant32.jpg

whisnant33.jpg

whisnant35.jpg

whisnant36.jpg

whisnant37.jpg

whisnant38.jpg

whisnant39.jpg

whisnant40.jpg

whisnant41.jpg

whisnant42.jpg

whisnant34.jpg

whisnant21.jpg

• Like 9

Scott, this is an amazing and you shared alot of great tips.  You have inspired me to build something as well.  I won't say too much, but am putting the final touches on a couple of projects.  This is a terrific build.

• Thanks 1

Scott, your Duster looks really good..I was planning on doing Reids car myself..Once I finish my Butch Leal Duster, it will be one of my new projects..That hemi engine of yours looks freakin outstanding..What color of gold did you paint yours?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Maurice Henderson said:

Scott, your Duster looks really good..I was planning on doing Reids car myself..Once I finish my Butch Leal Duster, it will be one of my new projects..That hemi engine of yours looks freakin outstanding..What color of gold did you paint yours?

MCW Tawny Gold enamel/polyurethane clear 

Super build! Beautiful all the way around. Great paint, stance and detail. I would like to know what color you painted the carburetors. I've tried various combinations of gold etc., can never seem to get that look. Info would be appreciated, thanks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Super build! Beautiful all the way around. Great paint, stance and detail. I would like to know what color you painted the carburetors. I've tried various combinations of gold etc., can never seem to get that look. Info would be appreciated, thanks.

I have a can of Eastwood Carb Renew,,I decant it and airbrush a light coat or 2 over black primer  image.png.e4b43cc9cf69c6234252869f4b3cf1ee.png

• Like 2