Model Cars Magazine Forum

My dad got this photo of a mysterious car from a relative in Finland in about 1975, but we have no idea what car it is. I had actually sent the photo in to Hemmings Classic Car for their Lost and Found section, and never got an email back. Then, upon getting the August issue, I was flippin' through the pages and wouldn'tcha know on page 58 was the photo I sent in! So that means this car is an actual mystery that genuinely hightened the curiosity of the Hemmings staff. Decided to drop it in here if anyone knows or has seen one before.

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

An RPB Piraya fiberglass body made in Burträsk in Sweden on a VW base plate is my suggestion. Burträsk is far up in Sweden three to four hours from the Finnish border.IMG_9272.jpeg.544ac2eae24966a9e5fafa1f80f54220.jpeg

• Like 1

Another thing I should tell you guys is that I put the image of the car in Google Images as it is supposed to come up with any matching image found on the internet, and no car was an exact match. There's gotta be a photo or an ad of another one in some archives somewhere; definitely a one-off car. But lots of good guessing guys, I appreciate it.