Model Cars Magazine Forum

FREE MONEY (NOT)

Proof that stupidity has no bounds.

On tiktok some bright bulb discovered if you write a check to yourself and you have less than that in your account you can withdraw from that deposit. In their grand stupidity they thought they were getting free money. lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, peteski said:

I wouldn't have thought that any TikTok users would be old or backward enough to actually still use personal checks you have to fill out with a pen and then cash. :blink:

I have seen "let's make fun of zoomers" vids with plenty of them who don't even know how.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

15 hours ago, John M. said:

Stupidity and greed go hand and hand. 

What amazes me is one these idiots didn't think that they were going to have to pay back this money and two is that they did videos of committing a crime and then posting on social media.

• Like 3

The people at the banks don't pay attention, and haven't for years. 

At work, whenever I had to rewrite a payroll check, I stopped payment on the "old" one.  No exceptions. 

At one place, I got a call from an out-of-state bank.  An ex-employee had apparently "found" a previously "lost" check, and cashed it.  The bank (a different bank from the one the check was written from) cashed it.  The guy apparently had had an account there but closed it prior to cashing the check.  So the bank should have referred him to the bank with the account the check was written on. 

I told the person from the bank that cashed the bad check that payment had been stopped on that one.  He still asked, "what do you recommend we do with this check"...my answer was "put some ketchup on it, and hold your nose..."

He didn't like that.  Hey, I did my job, your people failed to do theirs...

• Like 1