Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model A Ford 1/16

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Welcome to the forum, William. Be sure to show us pictures of that Model A sometime. Cheers

Will do. It is in mock up at present. I've never built this kit before. Have a "Texas 3d" flathead. A set of wires made by "Mike North" in the mail rt now. I hope to be deep into it soon as it's supposed to be a build for our local ipms show on November 9th. Time is short. I'm just looking for folks with experience that might help with foresight... What I might run into before I get there.

• Like 1

Willie, welcome my friend.
 I have the kit but it has been some time since looking in the box.   If I am not mistaken, the body is a multi piece affair that can be somewhat time consuming to assemble.  Especially if I recall  correctly in that it has opening doors.  That makes it more important to get the body assembled as straight as possible.  You are probably already aware of this and hopefully are passed the body assembly.  I would love to see it because I am a large scale fan!  Again glad to have you here, it is a fantastic forum.  -Mark

13 hours ago, Hillbilly Willie said:

Will do. It is in mock up at present. I've never built this kit before. Have a "Texas 3d" flathead. A set of wires made by "Mike North" in the mail rt now. I hope to be deep into it soon as it's supposed to be a build for our local ipms show on November 9th. Time is short. I'm just looking for folks with experience that might help with foresight... What I might run into before I get there.

if your kit is anything like their a truck you have lots of test fitting to do. every part needs some extra work and your very likelly to find some parts are incomplete on the sprues. my truck had one door that was incomplete too and the front wheels are too small. i've seen some built up nice but with all its problem mine went back in the bx

Welcome ! I have the Minicraft Model A roadster. You could say in progress, but it hasn't progressed in two years. The hinges are on the doors ( that's your tricky bit, then they aren't scale anyway). My chassis is also assembled. And paint is complete. Been sitting in the box since paint completion. I simply haven't gotten back to it.

Mine has warped fender assembly, be sure to check yours. The chassis is a ladder glue up, be sure the curved rails end up square at each end, basically the rails need to come out each rail equal length to one another. A template for the chassis would be a nice inclusion to the kit but if I did it, you can too !

Also, I'd like to have a sedan kit along the way. Good luck with your build !!