Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOX & MARTIN 1980-81 DODGE OMNI PRO STOCK

M W Elky

I built this from a combination of the monogram
of snap kit that I found on eBay for real cheap. I used the interior and the chassis plate along with the wheels and tires from the grumpy’s toy pro stock Vega . I cobbled together a small block mopar engine from my parts box I also used the tunnel ram and carburetors from the grumpy Vega the headers are fabricated from sauder and aluminum tubing.The only body modifications made were cutting out the side window panels that were behind the door windows and adding a hood scoop also from the grumpy Vega donor kit .the chassis plate also had to be cut and shortened I made the window net from some old window screen.At some point it the future I will have to go back and add the radiator . I gave it a testors paint job of white and red enamel with star spangled blue lacquer all topped off with wet look clear. The decals came from slixx. Overall this was a very easy kit bash project Until next time thanks for looking, Mike IMG_1906.thumb.jpeg.dc8319002c84fcf07340c0da019ad0cb.jpegIMG_1905.thumb.jpeg.84e204039e8a4fd85adf3884d783ecb8.jpegIMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.c536258ecde20aa5dd0b332494647afc.jpegIMG_1900.thumb.jpeg.4d24c26ea7a6a4698e84ee3507f625d3.jpegIMG_1902.thumb.jpeg.9a035d19684996f1ae8b5704b774b123.jpegIMG_1903.thumb.jpeg.a261b25249bd4403b70166b12c2f8a24.jpegIMG_1904.thumb.jpeg.1e2e031649fbc9254f37253faefd0a22.jpegIMG_3793.thumb.jpeg.067bb865aa2798a5fc18ba1595d02c1d.jpeg

Edited by M W Elky
Added texf
  • Like 7

• M W Elky changed the title to SOX & MARTIN 1980-81 DODGE OMNI PRO STOCK
5 hours ago, Shark said:

First time I ever seen someone tackle this project. You did very well.

Thanks when I saw that monogram kit on line l thought you know that just might all work together 

Mike, Outstanding job..I'm definitely a Sox & Martin guy..Using the snap kit as a starting point is not something most guys will think about..I have the 1965 Coronet snap kit that I plan to build into either a Stock or Super Stock build..The paint, fit and finish is really nice..This build is what modeling is all about when your creative juices flow..Job well done my friend.

20 hours ago, Altered Ego said:

Just the imagination to think of this build is incredible.  Forget the work involved with putting this together.  A very original, very cool and very well done project.

Thanks Jeff since building this I’ve been thinking of looking for another snap charger kit and building a what if dick landy version . This was a really easy and fun kit bash project 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim W. SoCal said:

BITCHEN' Sox & Martin Omni Pro Stock, Mike. Now you have me thinking about finding this snap-kit and building my own... Thank you for the inspiration!...

I would highly recommend it although we’re probably increasing the demand for these charger snap kits. I wonder if Atlantis has the tooling.