Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I hope to find one of these at a reasonable price..

photo-vi.jpg

I've looked on the web and prices are between $80 and a $140 plus shipping of up to $50! They must be difficult to get or short on stock!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PatW said:

photo-vi.jpg

I've looked on the web and prices are between $80 and a $140 plus shipping of up to $50! They must be difficult to get or short on stock!

Are you looking for an original issue?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PatW said:

photo-vi.jpg

Yea the reissue was $14 at Ollie's recently. Someone here might have an extra to trade even though you're way across the ocean. 

20 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Couple of swap meet finds today…

Buck fifty for this slammer - always wanted one of these but had never picked one up…

IMG_6875.thumb.jpeg.ff5a51699292352640d17e24fe9c3c37.jpeg

I meant to get one of these when they came out. Thought it would make an excellent Batmobile!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, #1 model citizen said:

I got one of the trailers this week, too. I have never seen it either, but I too have  a tractor in need of a trailer. Looks like a a nicely detailed kit…

Have you opened the 1/32nd trailer yet, could it be cut down to make a 1/24th car hauler? Just wondering.

1 hour ago, atomicholiday said:

Mail call.  In my humble opinion, one of the sexiest machines on four wheels.

IMG_4062.jpeg

Yes you're so right. Plus we have a kit car manufacturer here who makes them! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

Have you opened the 1/32nd trailer yet, could it be cut down to make a 1/24th car hauler? Just wondering.

Yeah, kinda, sort of. Didn’t open the inner bags, but the trailer floor wasn’t bagged. I’m not sure how you envision your trailer so I took some pics of it and a partial mockup of the AMT 1/25 single car trailer for comparison. The 1/32 trailer measures 3” wide. The 1/25 trailer is 5” wide including the fenders, 3 5/8” wide without the fenders. Hope this helps. IMG_2487.thumb.jpeg.d9df260a11c2b496857ad2d442f80904.jpegIMG_2486.thumb.jpeg.b83c1f018eeeffb0af698b21e19254d0.jpeg

BTW “copyright 1980” Is imprinted on this piece 

Edited by #1 model citizen
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, #1 model citizen said:

Yeah, kinda, sort of. Didn’t open the inner bags, but the trailer floor wasn’t bagged. I’m not sure how you envision your trailer so I took some pics of it and a partial mockup of the AMT 1/25 single car trailer for comparison. The 1/32 trailer measures 3” wide. The 1/25 trailer is 5” wide including the fenders, 3 5/8” wide without the fenders. Hope this helps. IMG_2487.thumb.jpeg.d9df260a11c2b496857ad2d442f80904.jpegIMG_2486.thumb.jpeg.b83c1f018eeeffb0af698b21e19254d0.jpeg

BTW “copyright 1980” Is imprinted on this piece 

Thanks for this, I guess it'll be too narrow for a car trailer, but I can see a couple other uses for it.

2 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

Mail call again today.  Two packages this time.

First the good-

IMG_4078.jpeg.e751a481c5bc42accc613d52a80468e8.jpeg

Then the bad.  Thanks UPS!!!

IMG_4067.thumb.jpeg.0effb8589b584e6bbda9016399e14c74.jpegIMG_4070.thumb.jpeg.7f688f3967677b515049d06a01b923eb.jpegIMG_4075.thumb.jpeg.786fb3bf2bd8963fff400bf473304725.jpeg 

Was the alpine good? That sucks donkey $&@¥ that happened. Definitely return or replacement from Amazon. 

21 minutes ago, Dpate said:

Was the alpine good? That sucks donkey $&@¥ that happened. Definitely return or replacement from Amazon. 

Nope.  The a couple of the pillars were broken.

Both are going back tomorrow for replacement.👍

The funny thing is that the Subaru wasn’t even shipped in a box.  It was in a white bag, and it was fine.

Edited by atomicholiday

Testing some trans mods I made on the new-to-me '96 S10 Blazer, and needed a pretty good driving loop this evening...so I headed to Ollies, which is pretty much way out of my way normally, and traffic-congested both ways, every day.

Not much traffic tonight at 8:30, and not much car kit selection either. Only thing I was even remotely interested in was the Barris T-Buggy, as it looked like it might have some decent wheels, tires, a Corvair engine...and I assumed it would have a Beetle chassis I could use, and that I could at least cut the hideous body down into something cool to put on it.

Turned out to be about the most useless parts source I've ever opened, with the tires, wheels, and engine being all I'll probably ever find homes for. No Bug chassis, and there's not much hope for the odd Rolls-nosed body shell.

image.jpeg.7c846f39b28c05d35acc0b6784b0cf9f.jpeg     

20+ Twenty Dollar Bill On Fire Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images  - iStock

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Testing some trans mods I made on the new-to-me '96 S10 Blazer, and needed a pretty good driving loop this evening...so I headed to Ollies, which is pretty much way out of my way normally, and traffic-congested both ways, every day.

Not much traffic tonight at 8:30, and not much car kit selection either. Only thing I was even remotely interested in was the Barris T-Buggy, as it looked like it might have some decent wheels, tires, a Corvair engine...and I assumed it would have a Beetle chassis I could use, and that I could at least cut the hideous body down into something cool to put on it.

Turned out to be about the most useless parts source I've ever opened, with the tires, wheels, and engine being all I'll probably ever find homes for. No chassis, and there's not much hope for the odd Rolls-nosed body shell.

Man, Barris built some ugly cars. This is the second ugliest show car ever built, the first being the ZZR. Oh, then there's that Rickshaw thing. That's got to be the worst of them all. Just overbearing and weird. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Man, Barris built some ugly cars. This is the second ugliest show car ever built, the first being the ZZR. Oh, then there's that Rickshaw thing. That's got to be the worst of them all. Just overbearing and weird. 

Yeah, the big O's had one of those too.

I couldn't get past the gag reflex long enough to even try to figure out if there might be anything useful in the box.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Turned out to be about the most useless parts source I've ever opened, with the tires, wheels, and engine being all I'll probably ever find homes for. No Bug chassis, and there's not much hope for the odd Rolls-nosed body shell.

20+ Twenty Dollar Bill On Fire Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images  - iStock

Bill, all of us have bought kit that we want to kick our selves over..  who built the Bath tub buggy?

• Like 1