Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Feeling really good this morning...we all can take for granted the simple things 

Glad you feel good.

Frankly, it's mostly the simple things I am most thankful for every day now...and actively focus on being thankful for.

With so much worldly insanity and uncertainty today, being consciously grateful for simple things can be a very useful tool to help one stay centered.

• Like 5

In my stay at the hospital I 3  other patients. Each was at a different stage in the journey of life.

The first had had a stroke and lost the abitility to speak. He was cognizant. Can't image not being able to speak.

The second patient still had ways to go but what was dealing with lots of health issues. His world was closing in around him.

The last patient was in the final days of his journey and receiving hospice. My guess was less than 10 days based my experiences with hospice with my parents.

That's why it is important to focus on the positive. We need to appreciate what we can do and not focus on what can't do or don't have. We have some cont

I remember a saying I complained I had no shoes and then I saw a man with no feet.

• Like 4

Hobby Lobby.

Specifically, the Mt. Pleasant, Michigan location. As somebody who hates Hobby Lobby (big box retailers in general), this one is almost too good to be a Hobby Lobby. 

I might actually be a repeat customer to this one. Up until this point I was last in a HL maybe fifteen years ago.

Well pleased is monumental understatement. I went to my kidney Dr. Today.. in Febuary my kidneys were close to completely failing. Today he told me my kidneys are back to normal function.Truly a miracle. I am truly blessed.

I also got my issues with my medications straightened out.

I also got an evaluation done for my physical therapy and can get started on building my muscle strength back. 

Could not wish for a better day. I am totally overwhelmed with joy at this point.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Well pleased is monumental understatement. I went to my kidney Dr. Today.. in Febuary my kidneys were close to completely failing. Today he told me my kidneys are back to normal function.Truly a miracle. I am truly blessed.

I also got my issues with my medications straightened out.

I also got an evaluation done for my physical therapy and can get started on building my muscle strength back. 

Could not wish for a better day. I am totally overwhelmed with joy at this point.

Congratulations! I hope for a good future for you and your kidneys.:D

Another glorious day. Crafted a routine yesterday for getting my strength back. Just finished my first round of that routine. I have set myself a goal of being home in two weeks hopefully. At this time all am focusing my energies into my recovery. Feels really good to be making progress. I am so grateful and blessed that I have managed to come through all of this without any major health issues.

The difference in how I feel has been amazing since the pacemaker surgery on May 10.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, oldnslow said:

picked this up yesterday , and a couple of boxes of parts .

Cool. I love my Unimat.

You just have to remember not to try to take heavy cuts, and that the standard speeds are too high for most kit plastics and will melt them rather than cut.

There is a speed reducer that's nice to have. image.png.ec6bc58977d4c5a38b484064ab75a23f.png

But IIRC, just reversing the pulley on the motor so the smallest sheave drives the largest sheave on the lathe head solves the problem.

Urethane belts are a worthwhile upgrade too, almost mandatory as the black rubber originals are usually too hard to use.

Did you get the stuff that converts it to a mill as well?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

This is the only thread that I can get away with posting about my current obsession - possession deal at the moment. 😏  Instead of building or buying models, it's fixing up my pickup.  What pleased me today was driving up to Mt. Union (Prescott N.F.), and Blue Cloud performed flawlessly.  The newly reupholstered seat with "saddle blanket" cover was very comfortable, and it was a beautiful day, and I didn't encounter any morons.  I've been doing a bunch of things, all new: GM 350 HO crate engine, headers and Flowmaster exhaust system, aluminum radiator, positraction gear set in the dif, power brake booster and front disk brakes, 1 inch wider mags and tires, Hella accessory lights, and various scratch-built improvements.  I'm also coming out of recovering from a split molar and infection which required Amoxicillin that kicked my butt big time and am finally able to not require napping half the day, so that's what really REALLY pleased me today.  I lost 25 pounds in the past month!  So I'm a happy camper, looking forward to camping soon with Blue Cloud.

IMG_8832.thumb.jpeg.271e5727e7d1bd2cc1d38e303d81161a.jpeg

• Like 8

Kurt glad to hear you are doing better. Being tired all the time is the pits. I've been dealing with that for quite and have gotten past since my recent surgeries.

If you did encounter any morons I'd buy a lottery ticket it seems to me hitting the lottery is like flipping a coin in comparison. 

Nice looking truck.

• Like 3

I was finally able to finish a flower garden area that I started approximately 2 years ago at my house before going to live and care for my dad. I had cut down a couple of old dying pines and saved one of the stumps and its topical roots along with various sized rocks to encase the area, which sat with weeds until a week ago. It should look pretty good once everything starts to grow. I still need to sew some grass seed in the grass bare spots and possibly get the neighbors to clean their foundation?

20240602_184031.jpg

• Like 6

Another glorious morning.  Woke up a little sore this morning which tells me that my exercises are starting to strength my muscles.

I am also pleased. Before my pacemaker surgery I was getting some shakiness in my hands. It started to improve and then started getting a little worst. After the surgery my right hand stopped but the left was still shaky. I realized I was having to most everything with my right arm becuase of the pacemaker surgery. I realized I needed to exercise my left hand. I looked on the web and found some exercises. I've been doing them for a couple of days and the shakiness has gone away on the left side.

I have one more blessing in my life.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Looks great. Nicely done. Looks like a great space.

Thanks Bob.. made the wife happy so I'm happy. Not being able to accomplish any yard work other than lawn mowing for almost 2 years at my house really put me behind in keeping up with curb appeal. I've got a lot of catching up to do at my house plus I'm trying to keep my late father's house going. I'm thankful I have the time but sure do miss him.. 

• Like 4

On 6/2/2024 at 5:34 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Kurt glad to hear you are doing better. Being tired all the time is the pits. I've been dealing with that for quite and have gotten past since my recent surgeries.

If you did encounter any morons I'd buy a lottery ticket it seems to me hitting the lottery is like flipping a coin in comparison. 

Nice looking truck.

I know many deal with worse health issues more often, sympathize for all.  Saw only 5 people on ORVs, and 2 guys on mountain bikes who were in freaking awesome shape riding uphill.  Thank you, makes me happy. 🛻

On 6/3/2024 at 9:12 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Another glorious morning.  Woke up a little sore this morning which tells me that my exercises are starting to strength my muscles.

I am also pleased. Before my pacemaker surgery I was getting some shakiness in my hands. It started to improve and then started getting a little worst. After the surgery my right hand stopped but the left was still shaky. I realized I was having to most everything with my right arm becuase of the pacemaker surgery. I realized I needed to exercise my left hand. I looked on the web and found some exercises. I've been doing them for a couple of days and the shakiness has gone away on the left side.

I have one more blessing in my life.

Glad your feeling better Bob..

Despite the issue with the power last night(see what irked me) I managed to get some sleep last night. 

I got my morning exercise routine.done and am feeling really good this morning. I also expanded the distance I am waliking.

I feel so blessed I've turned the corner on this. 

• Like 4