Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '72 Chevelle

Snake45

Started this one over 20 years ago and got it all finished, except the paint job went sideways in the polish-out (as so often happens). I stripped it and sentenced it to the Shelf of Doom until a couple years ago. This time I primed it with Floquil Reefer White (wonderful stuff) and then airbrushed pretty much an entire "little bottle" of Testor #3 red on it. THIS time I had enough on there for a proper rub-out! B)

Completely stock out of the box except for the wheels from old AMT '70 Camaro.

AMT72Chevelle01.jpg

AMT72Chevelle06.jpg

AMT72Chevelle02.jpg

AMT72Chevelle03.jpg

AMT72Chevelle05.jpg

AMT72Chevelle04.jpg

Thanks for looking. B)

Nice, but don't let Harry see, you have no mirror!

I almost never put mirrors on as they usually just get broken off and lost anyway. If it came with the kit, it's still in the box and I can install it if I ever need it.

Besides which, I'm a Retro guy, and "back in the day" the car kits didn't come with mirrors so I never got in the habit of putting them on or got used to seeing them. Heck, go far enough back in the day and the real cars didn't have them either! B)

Really nice build, I have one which is a copy of yours with the same wheels, the only difference in my build are the black stripes !!! ;)

I might at some point be taken by the mood to add the black stripes (I have a couple '70 kits bought just for parts). Till then, it's a "stripe delete" car. B)