Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Dodge Coronet R/T

satterwhite78

Purchased two resin Coronet from Southern Motorsports back this July and finally got around to finishing one. Covered in MM Tropical Turquoise, Spazstix Mirror Chrome on the grill/bumpers, A 440 A/t from a AMT 71 Charger and the hubcaps from the Revell 68 Charger mounted on the AMT Goodyear polyglass L-60's. I used the AMT 70 Dodge SuperBee chassis/interior tub as a donor.

The second Coronet is still undecided. I just recently acquired a original 68 Coronet chassis and interior tub missing one front seat and probably might just use that to build a curbside shelfer or might go early (70's) Nascar on it.

A definite must have if you are a Mopar fan and a great addition to the collection. Thanks for looking...Chuck!

100_5455_zps823ce5f7.jpg

100_5452_zps1f984c49.jpg

100_5453_zpsbda18ac7.jpg

100_5454_zps95411017.jpg

Absolutely fabulous! You're bringing back memories. I had an original MPC kit as a kid and I was doing it as Dick Landy's but it was lost in a house fire. Have wanted another one ever since. Been thinking of buying one of the Modelhaus repros and seeing if I can make a SuperBee out of it. Your build shows what can be done with good resin. Well done and model on!

• 2 weeks later...